Weaken or remove the PD sniper

Cook

cops have enough advantage as it is i shouldnt even have to explain myself lol remove the PD sniper or make it not a 1 tap like ive seen cops literally quickscoping with it like its BO2 it makes no sense, how are you gonna complain about realism when you lose but you have no problem with having the most overpowered weapon on your side if it wins you a fight.

7 hours ago, Cook said:

cops have enough advantage as it is i shouldnt even have to explain myself lol remove the PD sniper or make it not a 1 tap like ive seen cops literally quickscoping with it like its BO2 it makes no sense, how are you gonna complain about realism when you lose but you have no problem with having the most overpowered weapon on your side if it wins you a fight.

Fair point but the Sniper is reserved to a very specific set of people, and is only used in very specific situations. Again, PD weapons should always outclass Crim weapons realistically, but in city the Sniper is the only one that can beat the Crim weapons. Now if you feel as it has been used incorrectly, definitely clip it and make a HR report because we are always trying to keep gunfights fair. Additionally, this suggestion has been made many times before so lets try to make suggestions that have not been answered already. 

- Gord

• Like 1

As Gordon said, this suggestion has been made a lot of times, so I will keep +1'ing it, as I still believe that snipers should be nerfed, removed or made available for crims as well.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

Fair point but the Sniper is reserved to a very specific set of people, and is only used in very specific situations. Again, PD weapons should always outclass Crim weapons realistically, but in city the Sniper is the only one that can beat the Crim weapons. Now if you feel as it has been used incorrectly, definitely clip it and make a HR report because we are always trying to keep gunfights fair. Additionally, this suggestion has been made many times before so lets try to make suggestions that have not been answered already. 

- Gord

I see where your coming from with this, for some reason every cop i speak to about this says the same phrase " PD weapons should always outclass crim weapons realistically" for 1 this makes no sense because it just proves a winning mentality and 2 its meant to be enjoyable as well as realistic so the unfair unvantage the cops have makes it quite unfun, and either way crims should be able to become just as strong as cops.

21 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

- Gord

also this suggestion never got answered they just denied it with no reasoning 

1 minute ago, Cook said:

I see where your coming from with this, for some reason every cop i speak to about this says the same phrase " PD weapons should always outclass crim weapons realistically" for 1 this makes no sense because it just proves a winning mentality and 2 its meant to be enjoyable as well as realistic so the unfair unvantage the cops have makes it quite unfun, and either way crims should be able to become just as strong as cops.

Lets not start the whole win mentality again. 

Previous suggestions about this gets closed because they are salt suggestions. These only ever get brought up when someone dies to a sniper. You are adding to that, you got sniped the other day after downing roughly 9 people. Of course you'll get sniped.

Cops are meant to out-gun criminals. If you get into a big shootout, expect a sniper to be present. Especially with almost every criminal carrying an auto

-1 for me

• Like 1

-1 from me for the 1,000,000th 

I will say this , you cannot give shit RP to cops by just shooting them 24/7 and expect no repercussions. Maybe don't always end your "RP" scenarios with shootouts all the time. You get what you give. In SASP a collective 6 people can use them, and only about 2/3 of those people are active in the department. I'm sure if you had a cop that could use one, you'd use it all the time...because we know everyone's mentality towards the server now. 

Differ your RP, don't make your demeanour "I'm just going to shoot" and maybe just maybe cops wont carry as often snipers, I personally don't even carry it 24/7, If I need it, I'll go grab it from my vehicle. Yes I get that without crims we don't have anything to respond to, but without you can't do anything but shoot each other. 

I know how good it is, I'm not going to sit here and say it isn't strong....but its a SNIPER of course its going to be good lmao. Anyone who believes the sniper should be removed are suggesting it for the wrong reasons. 

It's not having a win mentality its called using the devices given to officers to deter the problems 😄 

Edited by Emma
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chang said:

Lets not start the whole win mentality again. 

Previous suggestions about this gets closed because they are salt suggestions. These only ever get brought up when someone dies to a sniper. You are adding to that, you got sniped the other day after downing roughly 9 people. Of course you'll get sniped.

Cops are meant to out-gun criminals. If you get into a big shootout, expect a sniper to be present. Especially with almost every criminal carrying an auto

-1 for me

I see where your coming from but respectfully I wouldnt jump to conclusions, I never made this because I got sniped, if i did I wouldve made it ages ago, I just dont see the sense in the fact that they have something that we physically have no way of getting, I dont think any of us would have a problem with the pd sniper if we could match it, but even if you wanted to bring realism into it, Rich millionare gangs and groups can buy guns and weapons that are just as or stronger than Police force weapons, Its realistic for criminals to be able to be stronger than cops, Obviously if you get into a big shootout expect a sniper, But I dont see how you can say its a fair gun, we are playing a fiveM server at the end of the day so why would you specifically want to have such an op advantage against people trying to have fun, and ill say again we would have no problem with it if we could match it or of it didnt 1 tap.

Also I  dont see where your coming from with the reason the last suggestion was closed, if this is a server about USA then people should have freedom of speech, they just wanted to get there point across, so I made a new suggestion so people could talk about it again and express there thoughts. I would understand if you closed the last one if people were swearing at eachother and stuff but none of that happened, the responses people were giving started with "respectfully"  which means they wanted to keep it respectful I would assume.

I`ve noticed that everyone who has +1 this is mostly a crim, and everyone who -1 this is a cop, I think the reason for this is because cops are used to having the PD sniper advantage on there side and they dont want it changed, and I understand if you dont want  change but for me im not biased at all im just saying In my opinion its overpowered.  

3 minutes ago, Cook said:

I see where your coming from but respectfully I wouldnt jump to conclusions, I never made this because I got sniped, if i did I wouldve made it ages ago, I just dont see the sense in the fact that they have something that we physically have no way of getting, I dont think any of us would have a problem with the pd sniper if we could match it, but even if you wanted to bring realism into it, Rich millionare gangs and groups can buy guns and weapons that are just as or stronger than Police force weapons, Its realistic for criminals to be able to be stronger than cops, Obviously if you get into a big shootout expect a sniper, But I dont see how you can say its a fair gun, we are playing a fiveM server at the end of the day so why would you specifically want to have such an op advantage against people trying to have fun, and ill say again we would have no problem with it if we could match it or of it didnt 1 tap.

Also I  dont see where your coming from with the reason the last suggestion was closed, if this is a server about USA then people should have freedom of speech, they just wanted to get there point across, so I made a new suggestion so people could talk about it again and express there thoughts. I would understand if you closed the last one if people were swearing at eachother and stuff but none of that happened, the responses people were giving started with "respectfully"  which means they wanted to keep it respectful I would assume.

I`ve noticed that everyone who has +1 this is mostly a crim, and everyone who -1 this is a cop, I think the reason for this is because cops are used to having the PD sniper advantage on there side and they dont want it changed, and I understand if you dont want  change but for me im not biased at all im just saying In my opinion its overpowered.  

I didnt bring up realism in my response so lets get away from that aspect. This has nothing to do with the server being about United States of America or freedom of speech. Everyone who has made a suggestion about the sniper got their point across. This is a topic going all the way back to 2020, I also believe we as staff has gone over this plenty of times to say criminals wont be getting a sniper. 

I have a cop who is the commissioner, and a criminal. So its invalid to say "everyone who has +1 this is mostly a crim, and everyone who -1 this is a cop" 

To your point @Cook Cops +1 because we cannot win certain gunfights without it and Crim -1 because they cannot win a gunfight when it comes into play....if a Crim downs 9 cops that is very good grounds for a sniper to be used. Would be a different story if it was used all the time.

Edited by GordoHockey4
Additions

3 minutes ago, Emma said:

-1 from me for the 1,000,000th 

I will say this , you cannot give shit RP to cops by just shooting them 24/7 and expect no repercussions. Maybe don't always end your "RP" scenarios with shootouts all the time. You get what you give. In SASP a collective 6 people can use them, and only about 2/3 of those people are active in the department. I'm sure if you had a cop that could use one, you'd use it all the time...because we know everyone's mentality towards the server now. 

Differ your RP, don't make your demeanour "I'm just going to shoot" and maybe just maybe cops wont carry as often snipers, I personally don't even carry it 24/7, If I need it, I'll go grab it from my vehicle. Yes I get that without crims we don't have anything to respond to, but without you can't do anything but shoot each other. 

I know how good it is, I'm not going to sit here and say it isn't strong....but its a SNIPER of course its going to be good lmao. Anyone who believes the sniper should be removed are suggesting it for the wrong reasons. 

It's not having a win mentality its called using the devices given to officers to deter the problems 😄 

See now in YOUR opinion this is right so I respect that, but for a start if you know me i spent around 3-4 months in the server as a mechanic at somepoint so you cant really say i just want to shoot lol, and before anyone jumps to any conclusions, you cant say we just want to shoot when most people make cop characters to shoot? Theres no such thing as "Shit RP" aslong as you follow the rules then the other side shouldnt have a problem with it, 

Ofcourse a sniper should be strong but thats just missing the point, the point is its unfair, like I said to Chang if we had something that could make it or if they made it a 2 tap no one would have a problem, and you know I`m not crying about when I got sniped because when that happened you picked me up and I even said to you nice shot and we laughed about it.

I will also say that cops do have a winning mentality in my opinion, I have mutliple reasons for this but the main being that cops themselves have said that they have a winning mentality, theres been times where ive seen people shoot cops, then the cop sees the light and comes back and arrests the person, stuff like that is the reason people love to shoot cops.

5 minutes ago, Chang said:

I didnt bring up realism in my response so lets get away from that aspect. This has nothing to do with the server being about United States of America or freedom of speech. Everyone who has made a suggestion about the sniper got their point across. This is a topic going all the way back to 2020, I also believe we as staff has gone over this plenty of times to say criminals wont be getting a sniper. 

I have a cop who is the commissioner, and a criminal. So its invalid to say "everyone who has +1 this is mostly a crim, and everyone who -1 this is a cop" 

But its true, your a high ranking officer and you -1, Gordon is a high ranking officer and he -1, Emma is a high ranking officer and she -1, Denis, Vega, Calvin, Squid and alex are all crims and they +1, also I think that we should atleast get a reason as to why it would never be added for us, the reason these suggestions carry on getting made is because they get closed without any further notice or reasoning, and no one is specifically asking for crim to get a sniper but atleast weaken the PD sniper, all the people want is a fair fight, I`m sure you can understand that.

I get that you have a crim and a cop, but so has most people that +1 this, including me I was a cop, but at the end of the day you spend more time on a cop which is why i subjected you as a cop, and the people who +1 spent more time as a crim so thats why I subjected us as crims, so in a sense your right you have a cop and a crim, but so have most of us, but its more about which one you spent more time on because that surely means you prefer being that one?

Edited by Cook

Im high rank and so is Emma, Gordon is a Sr Trooper. Far from being considered high ranking, Calvin used to have a cop, Alex has a cop.

One of the reasons crims wont be getting a sniper at least with a scope is because they will be more inclined to shoot to not lose such a gun. Its already happening with autos and there is no need to feed into it.   

7 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

To your point @Cook Cops +1 because we cannot win certain gunfights without it and Crim -1 because they cannot win a gunfight when it comes into play....if a Crim downs 9 cops that is very good grounds for a sniper to be used.

Your right, but heres where my point is being misunderstood, no one is ever surprised when the sniper gets pulled out, but we wish it was fair and i have explained how that could happen.

Also thanks for being respectful

2 minutes ago, Chang said:

Im high rank and so is Emma, Gordon is a Sr Trooper. Far from being considered high ranking, Calvin used to have a cop, Alex has a cop.

One of the reasons crims wont be getting a sniper at least with a scope is because they will be more inclined to shoot to not lose such a gun. Its already happening with autos and there is no need to feed into it.   

So its possible that we could have an iron sight gun that could match the PD sniper?

I think everyone would be fine with that if it got added

Just now, Cook said:

So its possible that we could have an iron sight gun that could match the PD sniper?

I think everyone would be fine with that if it got added

Well...correct me if I am wrong....but the musket can 2 shot right? And half the time we don't have armor from being hit so wouldn't that be the "iron sight" version?

Just now, Cook said:

Ok so i`ll ask you this, what do you spend more time as a cop or a crim?

TBH I don't have a crim I have Gordon who owns 2 businesses is a DOC, EMS, Lawyer, and Cop

If the sniper barely gets pulled from the SASP side, can you explain to me in full detail why you think with the state of the server adding a gun that would one shot for criminals would be a good idea? The gunplay from criminals is atrocious. I've been a cop and crim on the server since april 2020. No one cared about the sniper till about a year or so ago when FiveM became Rainbow Six Siege.  

• Like 1

Just now, GordoHockey4 said:

Well...correct me if I am wrong....but the musket can 2 shot right? And half the time we don't have armor from being hit so wouldn't that be the "iron sight" version?

Yeah but its 2 shot not one, thats why its not classed as fair, like I said if we could Match the damage I doubt anyone would complain, or if they matched our damage it would also be fine.

• Chris locked this topic