EVEN RATIOS FOR COPS TO CRIMS

Cordero

This new ratio rule where we crims can only have 2:1 ratio against cops is fair but why is there not the same thing for us? I just experienced 10+ cops against 3 people so if we have to follow ratio as crims I feel cops should do the same thing because 10 cops to 3 crims is a absolute joke. So we need to have a rule where Cops can only have like 3 cops against 3 crims like 10 is crazy and it's a joke tbh.

7 minutes ago, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

No cop to crim ratio exists because gangs irl would always be outnumbered in LA if they started any major shit

Yea but if you fucking think about it how tf would you feel if theres 10 cops on 3 crims too much don't u think and if u think no cop ratio with cops irl in LA so idk what time your on so that ratio thing is not even followed IRL and if u want to compare this too IRL i can say the same thing about the current ratio rule.

Edited by Cordero

13 minutes ago, ThatSquidGuy said:

cops also don't shoot if they don't have too 🤷

I don't even understand your attempt at a argument lmao. I'm saying IRL criminals aren't gonna be walking around with AK's, they won't be robbing stores for no reason, and they definitely wouldn't be shooting cops as that would draw way too much attention. I'm not sure what cops shooting have to do with that. 

5 hours ago, ThatSquidGuy said:

cops also don't shoot if they don't have too 🤷

Let's be honest it's America so of course cops shoot when they are not meant to or don't need to, e.g. when there is minorities involved sadly . But that is beside the suggestion and point of this

Edited by SirChainsmokerGollum

As someone who has played the server since April 2020 and been a cop since June 2020 I very strongly disagree with this suggestion but in a way agree. from playing and maining my cop and also maining my crim character, yes cops can be extremely overkill whether that be the type of vehicle chasing you , class of weapon used against you , breached at robberies for no reason....trust me It's happened to me on crim and I know it does give "I don't wanna interact with these cops anymore" vibes when it does happen. 

But, I cannot explain how shit the crims RP is now with cops, the constant shooting for literally breathing differently, crims should value cops, because I get yes without crims cops have nothing to do, but it also works the other way around too. No cops want to get on the server knowing they can't respond to a robbery without having to spend 15 minutes in pillbox roleplaying with the ceiling. The gun play from the crims is disgusting , im not sure what criminals expect when you treat cops like shit over and over again...what do you get out of it?. When crims make shooting cops and giving shit RP a paramount against cops, cops get bored and come up with ways to combat the shit RP and its like if the world is ending for actually retaliating. 

Whenever there is situations where cops are clearly in the wrong, no one gives constructive criticism, instead we get insulted in OOC chat and every interaction after that is just the crim being a dick to the cop because of prior experience, yet nothing is said to any staff or cop higher ups to try and better future Cop to Crim interactions. I get that one side needs to improve before the other does, and cops have tried so so so many times, especially talking from a command POV, we've tried to implement certain things and trialled things on crims, that being time and fines , use of interceptors etc etc

Crims literally rob like 24/7s with AKs and shit , talking in a real life aspect, you'd probably get breached and shot down.... yet we still allow free passage and crims take that for granted and it ends up in a shootout any way.....then the cops shoot the crims down....and the salt pours in. Although, there is 1000% cops that get salty...but I never see them typing in OOC chat and crying borderline OOC. 

I think everyone , cops and crims need to realize what the server is for, shouldn't matter the money you make or what you rob, its about what you rob it for, it should be for the RP and the chase. Shooting should be the last resort for anything , if you have no possible chance of a pick up etc etc, shooting the singular cop on you for like $3,000 is actually a joke. Shooting in any situation does nothing but in the end, ultimately end the RP situation. Then in turn , cops investigate... and out smart the criminals...and the tears pour in. 

For cops to change , people need to give constructive criticism in situations to the cops and what they possibly did wrong and what can be done better. but for things to improve, not just one side can always be the people to put the first foot forward. 

I will also add the reason why PD response can be so big, is because we know from COUNTLESS other times, it goes from like 2 people in the initial interaction to about 8+. If no one shot I doubt there'd be many cops on the same call all the time. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Emma said:

As someone who has played the server since April 2020 and been a cop since June 2020 I very strongly disagree with this suggestion but in a way agree. from playing and maining my cop and also maining my crim character, yes cops can be extremely overkill whether that be the type of vehicle chasing you , class of weapon used against you , breached at robberies for no reason....trust me It's happened to me on crim and I know it does give "I don't wanna interact with these cops anymore" vibes when it does happen. 

But, I cannot explain how shit the crims RP is now with cops, the constant shooting for literally breathing differently, crims should value cops, because I get yes without crims cops have nothing to do, but it also works the other way around too. No cops want to get on the server knowing they can't respond to a robbery without having to spend 15 minutes in pillbox roleplaying with the ceiling. The gun play from the crims is disgusting , im not sure what criminals expect when you treat cops like shit over and over again...what do you get out of it?. When crims make shooting cops and giving shit RP a paramount against cops, cops get bored and come up with ways to combat the shit RP and its like if the world is ending for actually retaliating. 

Whenever there is situations where cops are clearly in the wrong, no one gives constructive criticism, instead we get insulted in OOC chat and every interaction after that is just the crim being a dick to the cop because of prior experience, yet nothing is said to any staff or cop higher ups to try and better future Cop to Crim interactions. I get that one side needs to improve before the other does, and cops have tried so so so many times, especially talking from a command POV, we've tried to implement certain things and trialled things on crims, that being time and fines , use of interceptors etc etc

Crims literally rob like 24/7s with AKs and shit , talking in a real life aspect, you'd probably get breached and shot down.... yet we still allow free passage and crims take that for granted and it ends up in a shootout any way.....then the cops shoot the crims down....and the salt pours in. Although, there is 1000% cops that get salty...but I never see them typing in OOC chat and crying borderline OOC. 

I think everyone , cops and crims need to realize what the server is for, shouldn't matter the money you make or what you rob, its about what you rob it for, it should be for the RP and the chase. Shooting should be the last resort for anything , if you have no possible chance of a pick up etc etc, shooting the singular cop on you for like $3,000 is actually a joke. Shooting in any situation does nothing but in the end, ultimately end the RP situation. Then in turn , cops investigate... and out smart the criminals...and the tears pour in. 

For cops to change , people need to give constructive criticism in situations to the cops and what they possibly did wrong and what can be done better. but for things to improve, not just one side can always be the people to put the first foot forward. 

I will also add the reason why PD response can be so big, is because we know from COUNTLESS other times, it goes from like 2 people in the initial interaction to about 8+. If no one shot I doubt there'd be many cops on the same call all the time. 

I do see what your saying and can kind of see both sides how ever, to add to the whole irl people don’t rob stores it’s aks and such, yes no one really does it but from a criminal side of It (at least my pov) we use autos because if the chase ends up in a shootout the cops regularly don’t match force with pistols anymore especially SASP so we want a chance if a shootout has to happen. 

• Like 1

Building off of what @Emma said, PD has so many pull up to simple traffic stops because we will get shot for no reason. Just yesterday I was shot for asking someone to turn their music down and step out of the car. I stood their with my non-lethal taser drawn at my side, they pulled forward, and got out with AP pistols and downed me. All over something which would have been a verbal warning. I never once drew my weapon.

What I am trying to say is if you want things to change, it starts with you. You have no leverage/backing in your arguments because the responses PD has to even simple traffic stops are based off the constant shooting and general disregard that you all carry out everyday.

Additionally, if you believe the situation was handled incorrectly, make a HR Report, or DM a command member. Calling someone a retard in OOC will instantly ruin your chance at being listened to.

The final thing I have to say is, we understand that gangs have their "blocks" but they are located on Public Roads. I have personally been shot at and./or rammed for driving past places like Fudge Lane, Jamestown, etc. Or sitting at traffic lights.

Essentially what I am getting at here is, you think PD does something wrong, but you handle it by fighting fire with fire, OOC arguments, forum arguments, or just shooting at Officers because of something that happened a day before. That is NOT how you should be handling things. That instantly discredits your arguments because you are not "being the bigger person" but just being hypocritical at that point. We ALL can do better but nothing will change if we can not have civil conversation and or discourse.

Although I am not command my DM's are always open so feel free to DM me if you feel something was handled wrong and I will bring it up with command.

Edited by GordoHockey4
Additions
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

Building off of what @Emma said, PD has so many pull up to simple traffic stops because we will get shot for no reason. Just yesterday I was shot for asking someone to turn their music down and step out of the car. I stood their with my non-lethal taser drawn at my side, they pulled forward, and got out with AP pistols and downed me. All over something which would have been a verbal warning. I never once drew my weapon.

What I am trying to say is if you want things to change, it starts with you. You have no leverage/backing in your arguments because the responses PD has to even simple traffic stops are based off the constant shooting and general disregard that you all carry out everyday.

Additionally, if you believe the situation was handled incorrectly, make a HR Report, or DM a command member. Calling someone a retard in OOC will instantly ruin your chance at being listened to.

The final thing I have to say is, we understand that gangs have their "blocks" but they are located on Public Roads. I have personally been shot at and./or rammed for driving past places like Fudge Lane, Jamestown, etc. Or sitting at traffic lights.

Essentially what I am getting at here is, you think PD does something wrong, but you handle it by fighting fire with fire, OOC arguments, forum arguments, or just shooting at Officers because of something that happened a day before. That is NOT how you should be handling things. That instantly discredits your arguments because you are not "being the bigger person" but just being hypocritical at that point. We ALL can do better but nothing will change if we can not have civil conversation and or discourse.

Although I am not command my DM's are always open so feel free to DM me if you feel something was handled wrong and I will bring it up with command.

With your “public road” thing yes they are on public roads but they are still gang controlled and gang controlled areas don’t want cops near by 

• Like 1

Plus talking about IRL ratio as mentioned here:

13 hours ago, Cordero said:

Yea but if you fucking think about it how tf would you feel if theres 10 cops on 3 crims too much don't u think and if u think no cop ratio with cops irl in LA so idk what time your on so that ratio thing is not even followed IRL and if u want to compare this too IRL i can say the same thing about the current ratio rule.

Knowing from being in the police IRL 3 cops on one potentially violent suspect is totally normal and it often takes more than 3 to control a suspect especially if they are on drugs/alcohol

5 minutes ago, ThatSquidGuy said:

With your “public road” thing yes they are on public roads but they are still gang controlled and gang controlled areas don’t want cops near by 

You'll find that Police IRL will actually actively police higher crime areas more than something like the central business district, lower income areas are massively overpoliced in the US. For example its not just "Gang Members" that live in gang territory there is also families and elderly people often of low income, just because these gang neighbourhoods are often run down and therefore the housing is cheaper than other parts of the cities. So PD will patrol around there to ensure the safety of those vulnerable people as well

Edited by SirChainsmokerGollum

+1 this only because everyone keeps relating realism but at the end of the day both sides have unfairness but this is definitely something that could be done better because it is just a game so it should be a fair fun experience for both sides and its really unfair for crims when 12 cops pullup to a 2 man robbery

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatSquidGuy said:

I do see what your saying and can kind of see both sides how ever, to add to the whole irl people don’t rob stores it’s aks and such, yes no one really does it but from a criminal side of It (at least my pov) we use autos because if the chase ends up in a shootout the cops regularly don’t match force with pistols anymore especially SASP so we want a chance if a shootout has to happen. 

Today was the first time I’ve seen a group/gang use a pistol and that was SNK. They’ve been the only group to actually put down the big guns to prove they wanted a chase. Every interaction I’ve had with every other group has been autos. SASP don’t force shootouts, we just know what to expect from y’all 

• Like 1

I think some criminals do not understand the principles of the different roles in RP.

Legal Civ - Low/Medium Reward, More Grindy, Not much risk except from criminals

Criminal - High Reward, Less Grindy, HIGH RISK, e.g. you are doing something bad, you know you are doing something bad, expect a response and don't complain, if you are not wanting the heat, don't play a crim. Its High Risk - High Reward. If you wanna be a good criminal you have to be smart, don't always carry an auto, use sneaky tactics, don't do your business in the open, use business's as fronts, have some legal people in your gang to use. 

16 minutes ago, Emma said:

Today was the first time I’ve seen a group/gang use a pistol and that was SNK. They’ve been the only group to actually put down the big guns to prove they wanted a chase. Every interaction I’ve had with every other group has been autos. SASP don’t force shootouts, we just know what to expect from y’all 

Well in my defence you were there the last time I had a pistol and let’s just remember how that ended 🤷‍♂️