big -1 to the new cctv update

snakEbnp

Just now, potato_mbx said:

-1 I think this is a great addition to the server and will continue to make criminals THINK before they act - crimes shouldn't be easy to commit and y'all should have to consider what the risks are before you commit something. Shouldn't be as easy as "lemme do this and never face repercussions for an ILLEGAL activity." Like I always say, things are adjustable, if you feel something is being abused, something needs to be changed, something needs a nerf or buff, that's what suggestions are for. At least give things an opportunity to change QOL and then share your opinions.

Do u think crimes are really easy to commit rn?

Just now, Calvin said:

Im sorry. but when i go to sell drugs, im not gonna go around shooting every camera in sight. You say cops cant "investigate" right now without cameras, but ive seen it done back in the day and on many other servers, cops having cameras to basically do all the work for them is just lazy.

if your selling drugs in allyways and npc houses there probably wont be cameras, plus you still have the option to err wear a mask

Just now, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

if your selling drugs in allyways and npc houses there probably wont be cameras, plus you still have the option to err wear a mask

Your acting like that matters lmfao, ill just get identified by my hair.

And again. we all understand but right now with the state of the server you just asking for people to not fly in at all. its an RP server and the community is telling you here right now that its kinda "hardcore" having cameras and with the list you just provided i was almost going along with the idea of it but now its just way to much...we all were cops in here and like calvin said im back from the days were we used to sit on roofs with cameras catching people like terry jenkins selling drugs. having cameras for all of that situations you just placed down cuts the rp and only benefits cops. Its to much lets be for real. cameras at pill, cameras at vice, cameras at banks 24/7 now on the streets. "Put a mask" you say "use a stolen vehicle" i get it "be smart" but its RP and its just hardcore

Just now, Calvin said:

Its still a game mate, a lot of things in the server these days isnt "realism"

Imagination is a wild concept I guess alot of people in the world lack, There are a million things to do other then the things I see done in the server on a daily basis. There are a thousand ways to commit crime without worrying about getting identified but I can see none of those will be applied. Being a criminal shouldn't be easy whether it is a game or not but I am sure it will be taken out of context what I am saying and this will somehow turn into something it shouldn't but we all (including myself) can use our brains more when it comes to dealing with new changes and new additions 

Just now, Rezito said:

Imagination is a wild concept I guess alot of people in the world lack, There are a million things to do other then the things I see done in the server on a daily basis. There are a thousand ways to commit crime without worrying about getting identified but I can see none of those will be applied. Being a criminal shouldn't be easy whether it is a game or not but I am sure it will be taken out of context what I am saying and this will somehow turn into something it shouldn't but we all (including myself) can use our brains more when it comes to dealing with new changes and new additions 

Again, where are u getting crime is easy from? I legit dont do crime as it is, cause if the right cops aint on duty your just gonna get fucked over but again, what do i know.

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

Again, where are u getting crime is easy from? I legit dont do crime as it is, cause if the right cops aint on duty your just gonna get fucked over but again, what do i know.

I mean we can sit here and argue all day long. There are only two cops that give me a hard time when I am doing crime the rest of them don't deal with me because I get away without shooting so I don't know where I get that from. Maybe personal experience. Maybe as a cop I don't give people a hard time.  

2 minutes ago, Rezito said:

I mean we can sit here and argue all day long. There are only two cops that give me a hard time when I am doing crime the rest of them don't deal with me because I get away without shooting so I don't know where I get that from. Maybe personal experience. Maybe as a cop I don't give people a hard time.  

Im just gonna leave it as that ig, cause i dont want this getting locked

Why is it always that a suggestion gets put in disparaging the update within 12 hours of the update being pushed? Give the update a chance and actually use it/ see how it is used before you voice your opinions. If you come to a suggestion, then come with your facts straight and give constructive criticisms instead of just saying it's bad.

When the vehicle damage update was first pushed, it was not perfect, but it got worked on as more people gave constructive criticisms and here we are now.

CCTV cameras that record will actually give RP to the police to be able to do investigative work instead of rolling up to a scene of a crime and not finding a single soul to RP out the scene. As a criminal, you will have to think about the crime you are going to be committing more carefully, it does not make crime impossible. Just makes it a little harder. As stated before, the cameras can be shot out, use your brain before you act.

Everyone always has something bad to say about whatever gets updated but only a few people actually provide a solution to the problem. You want more activities in the city? Make a suggestion with an idea you would like to see implemented, make sure it's thought out and gives as much detail as possible about your idea. This is an RP server with a great amount of resources on it, how you use the resources provided is up to you. I found my own way in the server with what was already in it, I didn't ask someone else to make me something so I can RP.

My mechanic business is doing great, thank you for your concerns.

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew Northpeak said:

Why is it always that a suggestion gets put in disparaging the update within 12 hours of the update being pushed? Give the update a chance and actually use it/ see how it is used before you voice your opinions. If you come to a suggestion, then come with your facts straight and give constructive criticisms instead of just saying it's bad.

When the vehicle damage update was first pushed, it was not perfect, but it got worked on as more people gave constructive criticisms and here we are now.

CCTV cameras that record will actually give RP to the police to be able to do investigative work instead of rolling up to a scene of a crime and not finding a single soul to RP out the scene. As a criminal, you will have to think about the crime you are going to be committing more carefully, it does not make crime impossible. Just makes it a little harder. As stated before, the cameras can be shot out, use your brain before you act.

Everyone always has something bad to say about whatever gets updated but only a few people actually provide a solution to the problem. You want more activities in the city? Make a suggestion with an idea you would like to see implemented, make sure it's thought out and gives as much detail as possible about your idea. This is an RP server with a great amount of resources on it, how you use the resources provided is up to you. I found my own way in the server with what was already in it, I didn't ask someone else to make me something so I can RP.

My mechanic business is doing great, thank you for your concerns.

CCTV Cameras give no RP lmfao, go to the detectives and see what they all think, its just lazy cop work. 

i made a sugestion, you the ones coming here talking about how we should rp when changes are made without even asking the people that rp how you expect people to react then?? you have cops that dont agree with this, you have staff that dont agree with this still you pipe up. either way just close it and go ahead with it we all losing time and brain cells arguing about something that going forward no matter if people agree or not.

12 minutes ago, snakEbnp said:

i made a sugestion, you the ones coming here talking about how we should rp when changes are made without even asking the people that rp how you expect people to react then?? you have cops that dont agree with this, you have staff that dont agree with this still you pipe up. either way just close it and go ahead with it we all losing time and brain cells arguing about something that going forward no matter if people agree or not.

There's no need to get so defensive, just like you are arguing your side, we are arguing ours. A lot of what you guys are complaining about (getting ID-ed by your hair, lazy police work, hardcore RP) has solutions. I can tell you now, SASP will be using SOPs for cctv and it will not be just be able to be used willy nilly. While yes, this add's more RP for crims to think about before doing something, it also adds more for cops to think about too. In real life, you as an officer cannot just walk into an establishment and access their cctv without speaking to someone, often needing to subpoena it. That's what SASP will aim to do, it won't be "hey there's a camera lol lets just look at it and catch the guy!" Not to mention, if you're on camera wearing one outfit and an officer comes to you and ID's you by your hair or different clothing, or even your voice, that shit ain't right. For a lack of better words, its stupid and we will do our best to combat that. Not everything is black and white, we all need time to derive our SOPs and will not be utilizing the cctv's until we are happy with a certain system in place to make sure it's not abused. 

Trust me, while we say crims need to think about their RP more, so do we. RP is and always will be a two way street and we will do our best to keep things fair. If you feel like you've been wronged, I highly implore you to PLEASE file an HR report on the officer. Often times you can be wronged by an officer and no one is filing them so no officers are being held accountable. Of course I can only speak for SASP but we will do our best to find you justice and said officer may just not be what we need for the department.

22 hours ago, potato_mbx said:

-1 I think this is a great addition to the server and will continue to make criminals THINK before they act - crimes shouldn't be easy to commit and y'all should have to consider what the risks are before you commit something. Shouldn't be as easy as "lemme do this and never face repercussions for an ILLEGAL activity." Like I always say, things are adjustable, if you feel something is being abused, something needs to be changed, something needs a nerf or buff, that's what suggestions are for. At least give things an opportunity to change QOL and then share your opinions.

Agreed!