big -1 to the new cctv update

snakEbnp

Like lets be for real here, wtf is going on, cctv cameras all over the city is way to much hardcore for a RP server. Whats the point here? reduce GP?? it wont happen people will still shoot at the end of the day no matter what you do unless you ban them, same like the gun prices update this is only going to screw the rest of the people that plays in the server. Please do not push this update forward its an RP server there's no need for going hardcore like this. 

I've been saying this in every sugestion placed, the way to improve the server its to bring more activities for the people not this changes that you all think its going to make it work but at the end things are still the same. i'll say it again you need to ban people not push updates that keeps cutting the fun for the rest of us 

Edited by snakEbnp

Just came out. Hasn't seen use yet. Needs more time before it can be considered too much or too little. Not being able to get away from every crime ever will have people behaving much more cautiously and think things through more.

The cameras can also be shot out to prevent additional evidence.

If it's proven to be far too much, there is more than likely some adjustments that can be made.

If you want more activities, please feel free to post ideas for more additions that you'd like to see in the server! We would love to continue to provide a fun Role Playing experience for all of our players.

• Like 3

Dont get me wrong but we all know where this ends..it will be to much because cops not all but some will abuse it, its giving to much power to a certain group of people. we barely have things to do already with the meth changings that staff expect us to blow up every second until we actually get a big rank and still blow up. you gave us bank trucks that pays bad and we face power hungry cops that make the rp scenario end bad since now apparently we not allowed to break body cams so its easy raid because no one will do it with just pistols same with bank robberys. now cameras around makes even more hard for us to move. Like i said i get it but we  talking about a big change in a rp server, and again please hear the community before anything make a pole whatever. Not everyone wants to fly in for races only or main cop. we already "suffering" and been caution like i said with ammo and guns price changing and the ammount of raids going on, just becuase of a certain group that keeps shooting cops everyday with no fucks given doesnt mean we all have to suffer. Its an RP server having cctv cameras its hardcore.

Thats all we been asking for months! Bring public vote!! you say feel free to post ideas we all already did every time we ask for more jobs more activity and we get gun/ammo changes, cars changing because why not but still some cars never get nerfed and we all know why, cameras now. We all asked for a public vote thats all the community wants.

And balance things. Why everything has to be so hardcore and has to be a ranking system?  How you going to improve rp in the city if you make everyone have to grind  for hours to get shit back. Repair its a ranking and game to do, meth ranking, weed almost 2 weeks not profit at all with time resources spent. coke 1 at time not worth it since you can get rob arrested. tow trucking boring 1 hour for not nearly 50k airplanes good 0 rp comes from. farming over exagerated prices and incoming. good money no rp comes from it beside having milions just by doing farm twice in a week. then you reduce the quantity of farms a gang can have because you realized how much money it makes. so basically everything related to crime has been nerfed. legal things to do are boring duo to the time you have to put into it. there's left racing, being a cop or run a business/mechanic shop that no one uses because everyone can do it, a weedshop that died because growing weed its painfull so no one want to run it.

Edited by snakEbnp

+1 

Considering the times and fines that are mostly given out are high I think this is a step in the wrong direction, we need to add stuff to make crims want to commit crime so cops in turn have something to do, by adding this its going to deter crims away from committing crimes. There is no investigative RP going to come from rewinding security cameras. I find myself struggling to even say I am a crim on my family character because there is no crime to commit.  I don't see the incentive to adding this at all other than to purely fuck over crims. Its a two way street when it comes to crime and cops interacting with the criminals. I will not be using this as I don't want to deter crims from committing crime

I can't hit alta because when there is cops are on they either make it either objective to purely fuck you over or the cops are the crims (if that makes any sense lmao).

• Like 1

+1 however I still feel like we need to give it a chance first. Even just for a week or 2, see if it positively or negatively effects the city. At least they are trying new things to help make server better. Ik to some it may seem like a bad idea but there are multiple perspectives. And seeing servers current state, I feel we should keep trying new things and if they dont work, oh well delete it and try something new

OK I hear these suggestions, this feature was added as a way to bring more RP to Investigative Units especially. It allows proper investigation into crimes especially something like chain robbing, it allows investigators to build profiles and build cases. It will also change some aspects of the law, such as using this footage in court for example. Citizens might be able to challenge crimes in court and if police did not do their due diligence then they could fight charges such as robbery. 

It has balance as you can shoot out any cameras and police have to find the cameras and think about getting the footage. There is no prompt to tell them that there is a CCTV recording of the crime, they just have to investigate.

Plus if a crim doesn't want to be identified by a camera, just wear a mask, jacket and such when committing the crime and then take them off after your done. And don't park your car in view of a camera so the license plate is seen. Plenty of ways to not get identified by the cameras.

It will allow for more extensive investigations also into such things as attempted murders and kidnapping, as it allows for more interaction between both sides, investigators might be able to use cameras to find a recording of a kidnapping which opens up a whole new ally to investigate.

Another reason for this was things such as Chain Robbing or Mass Drug Selling. There is no way to stop a criminal on a dirt bike going between all sorts of different stores in the map and just chain robbing hopefully with this it will open up some avenues dealing with those types of criminals.

• Like 2

Ye we all get that like me and emma said, but when you see the big picture around crime people can do this just ads another struggle to us. Its a good adding we just saying that with the current state of all we can do since everything got changed to make it harder for us it just another hardcore thing for us. If you see were we coming from ofc, if this was back in the old days when meth wasnt this hardcore and weed didnt took so much long and robberies weren't like emma said a 50/50 because it allways depends on who shows up on scene even if you give good rp you get fucked, we werent so deep on this mater by right now with the less things we already have to do, and with the ammount of raids going on and dangerous of doing meth its just another thing to make us even more hardlife. we barely have no changes anymore to even take the rp in a fun away losing stuff and go to jail without have to shoot because even if i want to give you guys a win i lose to much and the grind its not worthy at all.

OK fair enough, Meth Blow up chances I can adjust, if you have any suggestions on blow up chances from level 1-5 please put them in a suggestion and I will happily change them! And I can take a look into a weed levelling system where It speeds up as you make more. However if you are complaining about raids, here is what I have to say about that. As a member of CID who sees the internals of the raid channels and such and subpoenas, the primary reason people get raided (by bcso at least, i cant speak of esu as my character is not part of sasp) they happen because of a few reasons

1. The gang/person posts pictures on in game twitter with automatic/illegal firearms
2. Multiple guns registered to a single person are found on different criminals when they are searched and seized (cid will suspect this person of supplying guns to criminals)
3. The gang/person is causing mass shootouts in public places and/or are hunting cops and are using heavy firearms to do so (this is the rarer of the three cases though mostly its 1 and 2)

Please any suggestions you have with others features to make criminal rp less "hardcore" make them and feel free to tag me!

Edited by SirChainsmokerGollum

And another thing you should keep in mind that the cameras dont really get destroyed after shot at, so we going to see things like we used to get on alta when we shot cameras and cops still sat on them watching the robbery, then even if we show proofs that we shot them the rp will already be done and we already be at jail or even worst getting raided for footage. And dont get me wrong with almost 3 years into this server and the ammount of experience related to this kinda of situations it never ends well for the person that got "powergamed" or "Metagamed" by a cop because we never get our items back

No the cameras do get destroyed, they stop recording from that point onward which means if you shoot out all cameras at Alta then the cops cant see what happened.

Please review the features and make sure to get facts right before speaking.

BIG +1 FOR THE NEW CCTV CAMERAS.

It's literally not hard to just shoot them so cops won't have access to them...There are MAJOR advantages to them. Put away the negatives, which are limited...

Plus see CCTV cameras as a tool as a Civilian player, if cops do anything wrong in a crime scene, you can sue them and the courts and investigative units will be able to use the CCTV footage as proof of the wrong doings. Just an idea how to use the cameras as an advantage as a civilian

4 minutes ago, Calvin said:

+1 let me walk around the server without being watched on a CCTV camera, theres already cameras in the server for cops.

Cameras only record when certain crimes are committed or guns are shot.

However not all places will have cameras, and they dont have the best visual quality. in my testing i found it sometimes hard to read license plates for example.

The following events trigger cctv start recording for reference (only if the crime is within range of a camera):
Carjacking
Shoplifting
VehicleTheft
ArmedCarjacking
Narcotics
CocaineSting
MethExplosion
ChopShop
SuspiciousWeaponBuying
HotwiringVehicle
LockpickingVehicle
LockpickingDoor
CuffCutting
BankRobbery
FleecaRobbery
JewelleryRobbery
Burglary
VehicleBoosting
ATMRobbery

Edited by SirChainsmokerGollum

How can you investigate something that happend in the past, there is no witnesses like ever, because lets face it there is either cops , ems, doctor or crims and noone plays as a legal civ anymore so no witnesses. and look above how it can provide rp

1 minute ago, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

How can you investigate something that happend in the past, there is no witnesses like ever, because lets face it there is either cops , ems, doctor or crims and noone plays as a legal civ anymore so no witnesses. and look above how it can provide rp

Ok and think of it from a crim perspective, you basically wont be able to do any crime without getting recorded, so basically your fucked with whatever you do, im ngl if this change goes through i wont be doing any crime lmfao, if thats what cops want then so be it.

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

Ok and think of it from a crim perspective, you basically wont be able to do any crime without getting recorded, so basically your fucked with whatever you do, im ngl if this change goes through i wont be doing any crime lmfao, if thats what cops want then so be it.

yes you can three options:
1. Disguise yourself like any crim would, wear a mask, dont use your personal vehicle for a robbery, etc
2. Shoot out cameras
3. Do crime where there is no cameras

-1 I think this is a great addition to the server and will continue to make criminals THINK before they act - crimes shouldn't be easy to commit and y'all should have to consider what the risks are before you commit something. Shouldn't be as easy as "lemme do this and never face repercussions for an ILLEGAL activity." Like I always say, things are adjustable, if you feel something is being abused, something needs to be changed, something needs a nerf or buff, that's what suggestions are for. At least give things an opportunity to change QOL and then share your opinions.

• Like 2

Im sorry. but when i go to sell drugs, im not gonna go around shooting every camera in sight. You say cops cant "investigate" right now without cameras, but ive seen it done back in the day and on many other servers, cops having cameras to basically do all the work for them is just lazy.

Just now, potato_mbx said:

-1 I think this is a great addition to the server and will continue to make criminals THINK before they act - crimes shouldn't be easy to commit and y'all should have to consider what the risks are before you commit something. Shouldn't be as easy as "lemme do this and never face repercussions for an ILLEGAL activity." Like I always say, things are adjustable, if you feel something is being abused, something needs to be changed, something needs a nerf or buff, that's what suggestions are for. At least give things an opportunity to change QOL and then share your opinions.

well put!