remove the missiles from prison

ThatSquidGuy

yesterday my gang attempted to break 3 of us out of jail and we had 3 helicopters shot down in less then 10 seconds by the missiles . didn't even have a chance to get us out. without being able to fly a helicopter in its almost impossible to break out since the other way is going through 8 doors which by then police will show up spraying autos at anyone they see. we have tried that way and its literally impossible 

• Haha 1

+/- 1

It's incredibly hard to balance this type of thing though, you were infamous for 3-5am escapes and had warrants for your arrest written daily. There needs to be a way that people can (more) easily enter the prison in an attempt to break people out. Maybe reduce the amount of locked doors on the way to the yard so that you don't need to go through so many before you reach whoever you're breaking out?

I would also like to address the amount of people you can take a prison breakout, is it 4? is it 8? Do the people inside the prison count as people towards the ratio of people allowed committing a crime?

Prison escapes need to be difficult but not so difficult that it's nearly impossible to do. I wouldn't say remove the missiles, but I would recommend other changes be made to add to the possibility of escapes succeeding.

9 hours ago, BlazeyWazey said:

+/- 1

It's incredibly hard to balance this type of thing though, you were infamous for 3-5am escapes and had warrants for your arrest written daily. There needs to be a way that people can (more) easily enter the prison in an attempt to break people out. Maybe reduce the amount of locked doors on the way to the yard so that you don't need to go through so many before you reach whoever you're breaking out?

I would also like to address the amount of people you can take a prison breakout, is it 4? is it 8? Do the people inside the prison count as people towards the ratio of people allowed committing a crime?

Prison escapes need to be difficult but not so difficult that it's nearly impossible to do. I wouldn't say remove the missiles, but I would recommend other changes be made to add to the possibility of escapes succeeding.

i agree that it still has to be hard to break out but i mean if your not breaking out at 3-5 am its impossible. we literally tried about an hour ago and everyone just got sprayed down and sniped on sight so its incredibly hard. 

9 hours ago, potato_mbx said:

I do remember @SirChainsmokerGollummentioning something to shut down the power of the prison/ missiles and I think that would be a super neat addition to the server.

i like the idea alot i just mainly made this out of frustration but i also do think something has to be done, you were at both of our attempts and its literally impossible

Massive +1

An extra unneeded advantage for pd that just shouldn't be there. Maybe a way where doors can't be lockpicked unless there's like 2 cops on duty? But even so, /lockdoors is still a thing, and can be abused...

• Like 2

All the cops doing -1. At this current state breaking out of the prison is near impossible. Lockpicking the doors just for cops to pull up with ars and kill you. Even after lockpicking the door a cop just insta locked it again. You cant even atempt to do it with the heli either. I know cops don't benefit from this but it's near impossible for us lol

• Like 2

+1 
Agree with most posts that it is near enough impossible to get someone out from an outsiders POV, even though I haven't tried it, but seen videos of how powerful the missiles actually are with little to none breathing room to even evade any missiles. Even the people flying planes getting blitzed out the sky for just going inches into the no-fly zone. 

It's a prison at the end of the day. The security will be high, prison escapes should be hard to do, and to adapt around it. If you see juggernauts at the front gate, you're not going to go through the front gate, are you? Shouldn't be as simple as someone lockpicking doors, then jumping into a heli and escaping. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skellyy said:

+1 
Agree with most posts that it is near enough impossible to get someone out from an outsiders POV, even though I haven't tried it, but seen videos of how powerful the missiles actually are with little to none breathing room to even evade any missiles. Even the people flying planes getting blitzed out the sky for just going inches into the no-fly zone. 

It's a prison at the end of the day. The security will be high, prison escapes should be hard to do, and to adapt around it. If you see juggernauts at the front gate, you're not going to go through the front gate, are you? Shouldn't be as simple as someone lockpicking doors, then jumping into a heli and escaping. 

juggernauts arent guarding a prison tho...

Now if everyone takes a step back, prison escapes are not meant to happen often, they are meant to be rare. In real life people don't have a shootout with the cops every 2 days get sent to jail and then a Heli just lands in the prison to pick them up to do it all over again. The prison is part of crim rp, it's your risk for doing crim activities that's the difference between staying legal (no risk and low/medium reward) and doing crime (medium/high risk for high reward depending on what crime) if you can break out Everytime then there is no risk because once you land a Heli in jail and take a prisoner away there is nothing the cops can do because if how fast you can land and fly away. In the new year at some point I will work on a full prison rework that will bring a set balance to the prison, escaping and how everything is done (eg. Putting a cool down on lockdoors)

Edited by SirChainsmokerGollum
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

Now if everyone takes a step back, prison escapes are not meant to happen often, they are meant to be rare. In real life people don't have a shootout with the cops every 2 days get sent to jail and then a Heli just lands in the prison to pick them up to do it all over again. The prison is part of crim rp, it's your risk for doing crim activities that's the difference between staying legal (no risk and low/medium reward) and doing crime (medium/high risk for high reward depending on what crime) if you can break out Everytime then there is no risk because once you land a Heli in jail and take a prisoner away there is nothing the cops can do because if how fast you can land and fly away. In the new year at some point I will work on a full prison rework that will bring a set balance to the prison, escaping and how everything is done (eg. Putting a cool down on lockdoors)

i get that the escapes should be rare but the only possible way right now is to go through every door from front to cells, even if you are quick on it police show up to those calls in a second and start shooting on sight. i also understand its part of crim rp to stay in jail but when you get put on hut and have to wait weeks just for a judge its not fun. i don't think the police understand how boring it is in jail especially with a high sentence.