Fix the Burgershot Pepsi/Cheeseburger combos.

Lunarium

When it comes to combos and ways to keep full within the city, everyone takes full advantage of the Pepsi and cheeseburger that are made at Burgershot. The Pepsi essentially fills around 75% of your thirst and the Cheeseburger fills around the same for hunger. After you have made the first combo or someone gives you one, you're able to just go to a convenience store and stack hundreds of both food options for a fraction of what the proper Burgershot Special Smoothie and Whopper cost.

The reason I make this suggestion is I truly believe these combos are the soul purpose and reason that nobody works at/goes to Burgershot, as they have the much better food option that they can get from literally anywhere else around the city for a fraction of the cost of the original Whopper/Smoothie combo.

Suggested Fix: Tune down significantly how much the Burgershot Pepsi and Cheeseburger fill your hunger and thirst.

• Like 1

There are other items that also restore a lot of thirst or hunger outside of this. Arizona ice tea being one of the quickest I can think of that are just as easy to find/buy.

Possibly raising the pay at Burgershot as this is a primarily RP driven job may help restore this hotspot?

Possibly making it a soft green zone meaning anyone currently working at burgershot is safe from being robbed/taken hostage/ or any hostile action initiated on them unless they provoke their attackers. However any customer or loiterer at the store would be fair game?

The area that strikes are give seems to be a little to small as well, it should allow you to go anywhere on the burgershot property and to the liquor store in case you need a bandage while working. Currently if you walk to far in the parking lot or toward the liquor store you get a strike and there is no way to avoid one if you just clocked in and need to get a bandaid or want to deliver food to the parking lot.

Possibly adding a delivery job if possible would be good as well for burgershot. Maybe have locals you can deliver to like on the taxi job or toggle that off so you can deliver to a live customer. This could also draw people to use burgershot more and I know people used to RP deliveries from there but required 2 people one to cook and one to stay clocked out and drive or you would aquire way to many strikes.

Edited by Hank Hilliams

Guest GianLuigi

Food should start to decay or last until tsunami unless they have proper storage such as a refrigerator in their property.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:22 PM, Guest GianLuigi said:

Food should start to decay or last until tsunami unless they have proper storage such as a refrigerator in their property.

a fukin refrigerator?💀

On 6/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, Guest GianLuigi said:

So the problem with adding decay, would be an entire rework of the framework, especially the inventory, which can cause major issues. Especially only putting the decay on certain items can also cause a lot of issues as well.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:39 PM, Rave said:

So the problem with adding decay, would be an entire rework of the framework, especially the inventory, which can cause major issues. Especially only putting the decay on certain items can also cause a lot of issues as well.

+1 I used to have some food-service based RP from a taco-truck, and I can see the value in this suggestion very clearly.

On the idea of "degradation" I think it may be possible to do something like:

>>Tsunami Occurs
Replace every "Cheeseburger" with "Old Cheeseburger"
Replace every "Whopper" with "Old Whopper"
etc.

"Old" food will still save you from starvation or thirst, but they will not do much.

• Like 1

Also, on the subject of food items, I believe most of them should have their weights adjusted, and in some cases their hunger/thirst.

Tacos for example: 10W, and they fill maybe 15% hunger. When MPD had a taco truck selling these, it was not possible to profit, as people weren't being close to full. The entire taco truck was about RP, not about the food that it had, but it should have been about both.

IMO the maximum of a (non-degraded) food item it should take to fill you, is 10W of that food item. 80 Lbs of tacos should be discouraged for human consumption (And I DID discourage customers from doing that).

I found a way to cook burgershot combos at home (Obviously I'm not allowed to do it anymore) but I really enjoyed the RP I got out of it. Maybe a way to cook food at our homes? The ingredient cost could be higher to balance it out. Maybe add an item called "Ingredients" that we purchase from the LTD to be able to make fresh better food.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPD said:

Also, on the subject of food items, I believe most of them should have their weights adjusted, and in some cases their hunger/thirst.

Tacos for example: 10W, and they fill maybe 15% hunger. When MPD had a taco truck selling these, it was not possible to profit, as people weren't being close to full. The entire taco truck was about RP, not about the food that it had, but it should have been about both.

IMO the maximum of a (non-degraded) food item it should take to fill you, is 10W of that food item. 80 Lbs of tacos should be discouraged for human consumption (And I DID discourage customers from doing that).

this would be hard to do and have calculated through the code/database. It would have to keep a metadata value in the database in order to see how long its been held for. I know this from other servers that I've helped with and item decay for foods is a very hard concept / thing to implement. I have no clue about how the framework of the server could do this, if its even possible. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For now we:

1) renamed those items at burgershot so they can't be stacked with their counterpart at a cheaper store like the 24/7

and 2) also added a 7 day expiration on food/drink items for now as a simple way to add some 'degradation' to counter stacking forever

• Thanks 1