Updating Server Rules

Cyxix

I feel like the server rules should be updated or redone. I say this because there are so many grey area’s and unwritten rules now that almost anything that happens you have either people complaining about rule breaks, constant /helps and /reports, or some people not being aware of them and breaking them without knowing. Also correct me if i’m wrong but i’m pretty sure it’s been a few years since the rules were made and a lot has changed especially the server and community itself and a bit of a refresher would help and prevent a lot of confusion with the rules. This also would help with newer player so they can know what’s right from wrong.

Edited by Cyxix
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

+1

Rule Suggestions:

Value Of Life - basically valuing your life...not dying to escape gangs or police...etc

Fear/Respect of Police - fear us the wrong word, but more of a respect or realistic response to cops (yes I am an Officer but I also have a crim now so I see it from both sides)

Examples (copied from another server)

Stopping at a traffic stop that a cop is conducting and asking them what they are doing.

Seeing a friend in custody, and running up to them going what’s going on officer or shooting them just because

Going up to a officer and treating them like you would not in real life Police/Cop baiting to basically make the cops interact with you cause you are bored

Max Number for Criminal Action - so like a max of 8 people can be involved in a criminal shootout or police chase...etc...

Gangs - maybe a bad idea or too much work but gangs should have hiring processes and stuff (like a "prove yourself") to make them more realistic, and maybe custom roles in the USA discord...something to make them more official and selective of who can join

Retaliation - maybe a rule disallowing retaliation for a certain time after the fact...so gang shootouts and PD and Gang shootouts don't turn into like whole day events and constant Pillbox trips.

I love this server and while we can add all the rules we want they must be enforced more regularly (no hate to admins or anything you all are awesome) we all just end up retaliating in city instead of reporting it. Sometimes staff aren't around but get a clip and make a forum report. Enforcing the rules will only make the city better and more fun for everyone here.

At the end of the day this is supposed to be an RP server, and we have so many cool aspects to this server that are being looked over by the constant GP over RP and such....lets get back to fun interactions, events, and businesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

+1

Rule Suggestions:

Value Of Life - basically valuing your life...not dying to escape gangs or police...etc

Fear/Respect of Police - fear us the wrong word, but more of a respect or realistic response to cops (yes I am an Officer but I also have a crim now so I see it from both sides)

Stopping at a traffic stop that a cop is conducting and asking them what they are doing.

Seeing a friend in custody, and running up to them going what’s going on officer or shooting them just because

Going up to a officer and treating them like you would not in real life Police/Cop baiting to basically make the cops interact with you cause you are bored

Max Number for Criminal Action - so like a max of 8 people can be involved in a criminal shootout or police chase...etc...

Gangs - maybe a bad idea or too much work but gangs should have hiring processes and stuff (like a "prove yourself") to make them more realistic, and maybe custom roles in the USA discord...something to make them more official and selective of who can join

Retaliation - maybe a rule disallowing retaliation for a certain time after the fact...so gang shootouts and PD and Gang shootouts don't turn into like whole day events and constant Pillbox trips.

I love this server and while we can add all the rules we want they must be enforced more regularly (no hate to admins or anything you all are awesome) we all just end up retaliating in city instead of reporting it. Sometimes staff aren't around but get a clip and make a forum report. Enforcing the rules will only make the city better and more fun for everyone here.

At the end of the day this is supposed to be an RP server, and we have so many cool aspects to this server that are being looked over by the constant GP over RP and such....lets get back to fun interactions, events, and businesses.

+1

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GordoHockey4 said:

+1

Rule Suggestions:

In the nicest way possible, none of you have crims and do not see it from a crim perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Calvin said:

In the nicest way possible, none of you have crims and do not see it from a crim perspective.

I do have a Crim! Also this is not about Cops and Crims its about quality of life and changing the rules so there is less confusion for all. 

1 hour ago, GordoHockey4 said:

I do have a Crim! Also this is not about Cops and Crims its about quality of life and changing the rules so there is less confusion for all. 

What have you done on said "crim" ?

Just now, Calvin said:

What have you done on said "crim" ?

Again, this is not about cops and crims this is about changing server rules. Please stick to the topic at hand.

1 minute ago, GordoHockey4 said:

Again, this is not about cops and crims this is about changing server rules. Please stick to the topic at hand.

I am sticking to the topic? You are the one commenting from a crim perspective when you have not even had to deal with cops yet 😭

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Let's keep this on track and remember to be respectful. If anyone else would like to see specific rule changes but isn't comfortable posting them here, feel free to either open a staff ticket or send me a DM privately.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, GordoHockey4 said:

+1

Rule Suggestions:

Some of these I agree but the gang one unfortunately is kind of invalid , its more of something the players should automatically do when joining is having a proper RP initiation to the gang. Theres a difference between creating the character and RPing your way to getting into the gang and making friends and then just joining the gang automatically at legion square. As I said , this will probably be discussed within the staff team soon

• Like 2

+1 -  Update safe zones, like adding the PD since I think this has been one area of confusion. Also, maybe adding in how shooting should be a last resort. That there has to be true effort to roleplay out situations. People going back and forth saying "if you pay me so much, then I'll stop in city stalking you every time you fly in and killing you", to me isn't an effort of roleplay. It just constantly happens like this in city. Even with big gangs and regular citizens. We are creative people.  - Job limits. You have some that are running a hospital, running PD and other areas on one character.  This isn't realistic.  We like cousins!  Adding in about using a vehicle into slamming into others so its disabled is not allowed. Which I think was stated at one time that it wasn't.  Then, the bit about how you can not see phased vehicles and thus can't assume they are doing illegal street racing cause that would be considered metagaming. There are a trillion roleplay scenarios that can come out of getting pulled over from speeding it doesn't mean what they are doing is illegal. (and i know for a fact most police don't even try to pull over people cause they know they will run. SO, those that do pull over should be given the chance to play it out )