Need a different way of repairing if not back to the old way

I cant get any repairs done at all on any of my cars because the bar lags uncontrollably please make it something a little more simple so people with not so good internet/pc can still repair vehicles. I never had a problem doing repairs before the little mini game. Not trying to knock it i just cant do repairs with that mini game and if i cant repair my own vehicle i might as well not drive it thanks in advance

+1 its very difficult if anyone is around you at all, and near impossible for new players. it usually ends up them blowing up mechanics, until they give up because they arent usually wanting to be a mobile mechanic, they just want to install parts bc you dont make any tips from driving across the city to do a repair on someone who is usually hard to deal with. 

Have you ever noticed this lag people speak of with the ox lib mini games @Savage912?

Not sure why it would lag other than being written poorly

If it is indeed badly made and lags for certain people we should revert it

I have never experienced this lag before when testing it so idk what would cause the lag myself

@minipunch i will try and get a clip of it the next time i have that issue, but in my experience it happens most when someone comes past you, or you have multiple people close to you just moving around. for example if you are in 1st in a race everytime another racer passes you as you repair it will almost slow to a stop even on the fastest (e's) then when they get past it trys to catch up and goes extremely fast. i personally have kinda figured it out, with almost 200 repairs and only had 3 before minigame was added. i think it was i nice addition until you account for ping and packet loss. These are just my opinions and i hope that it makes it clear what is happening and why it is so hard for so many people. thanks

1 minute ago, Bo Dale said:

@minipunch i will try and get a clip of it the next time i have that issue, but in my experience it happens most when someone comes past you, or you have multiple people close to you just moving around. for example if you are in 1st in a race everytime another racer passes you as you repair it will almost slow to a stop even on the fastest (e's) then when they get past it trys to catch up and goes extremely fast. i personally have kinda figured it out, with almost 200 repairs and only had 3 before minigame was added. i think it was i nice addition until you account for ping and packet loss. These are just my opinions and i hope that it makes it clear what is happening and why it is so hard for so many people. thanks

Have you tried going into your FiveM settings and making sure that 'fix NUI lag' checkbox is checked?

If not can you do that and see if that fixes the lag for you and lmk

11 minutes ago, Crownapple said:

I have a i7-11700k 64gb of ddr4 ram and a 3070ti and it still stutters/lags for me sometimes 

You should try to take note of your GPU usage % and see if it spikes to 100% when the lag occurs and lmk

6 hours ago, minipunch said:

Have you ever noticed this lag people speak of with the ox lib mini games @Savage912?

Not sure why it would lag other than being written poorly

If it is indeed badly made and lags for certain people we should revert it

I have never experienced this lag before when testing it so idk what would cause the lag myself

I personally haven’t no but I will look into it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm running an out of dat cpu i5 9600kf overclocked to 4.7ghz 32gb of ram and a rtx 3080. while my cpu usage does get high at times its mostly when im going 200mph. sitting still doing a repair my cpu usage is max 70% even with everyone flying by. my gpu usage is never over 56% and i mean never. i think the lag is different for everyone do to ping and packet loss. so while the mod might work correctly some people are punished just bc of a slow pc, bad connection, or just being further from the hosts server. i personally have finally hit my 300 repairs to get level 3 mechanic but i think there should be other options if you cant hit the e wheels. maybe the e wheel is a quicker repair to to the other option. like you can be quick and hit the E's or you can use the old Bar option but the bar takes 2x as long.

As someone who just started out as a level 1 mechanic, I do believe the end hotkeys of the minigame are way too fast. I get it being a little fast but the speed plus if you miss one having to start all over makes me not even wanna be a mechanic tbh.

Edited by Coby
  • Like 1

same as molly since i started a new mechanic. it’s the same for hot wiring cars and i definitely have enough processing power and less than 30% usage on my gpu. i get wanting to make it more interactive but it makes it more difficult now than before. the idea of the mechanic is to help people keep going and this makes it hard to provide good service.