Give more Voice to the community.

snakEbnp

Well since the last couple of months we been dealing with a lot of changes some that most of the people that have years and hours put into the server disagreed to and when we try to voice our opinion we get muted by the same people that wants the changes to be done because kinda "profits" they rp and they rp only i feel like voicing myself here.

So we all agree the server been kinda lame lately with a lot of shooting between gangs and cops, gangs against gangs. People get mad when they lose everything ends up in a shooting etc...i get it and i try to see things from both sides myself even barely play anymore like i used to duo to that same fact. But lately all i've been seing his changes that we didnt ask to, i dont see a need to. We see people complaining how low quality the server has when it comes to rp but then again we see no changes to benefit the same Quality of RP.

The server 2 years ago had barely nothing, we had the normal jobs that we still have like sand, tow truck, taxi, ilegal things we had robberies meth coke and weed. the economy was kinda high payment wise what lead people to build rp we had parties every week, meetings, people hanging around every single day, gangs ould do meth runs because it was easy, cops had better life then because when we went to jail was not that harsh.
Things changed i get it, server become going more "realistic" and started making criminals feel more pain when losing or going to jail, fine and time got raised expecting to lower the crim activity.
But then again we all remember that we still had more rp than now.

Im my opinion this last years the server became to make changes after changes made by people that arent' happy with they rp so they decided to change it in a way to make them have a "easy life" whithout thinking about the general. Economy got changed. what meant that we needed to start over its all good we all "cried" at first but then things got stablished. Now we changed drugs method we brought the cooking method weed became way more hardcore needed to buy water fert and wait a week or 2, the street prices of it changed to making it so that sometimes crims barely profit out of it. the changes of blowing up doing meth took some people away from that route, coke was changed to, the fact that you can only do 1 run at time without being naughty and exploit the game plus the fact that cops get call sometimes for a sting made it not worthy as well and risky to do but people got used to and still done it. Then the big change came, ammo was implemented and again one more change that wasn't voiced by the community and server pop kept decreasing and decreasing because now crims lose to much and you cant expect for everyone to rp has a legal person or be nice to the point to accept going to jail since now we have to buy ammo and mags and that cost. Then we got the almost everything coming from the bank and not the pockets what again makes crim life more harder since when we go to jail the money comes from the bank so without noticing you gave the crims a run or die rp because you need to understand they decided the gang rp and lets be for real now they lose everything if getting caught because the moment they - on the bank they cant claim cars from insurance they can lose they home but instead of realzing that we blame the person for taking the short cut because of a certain group that does that everyday for fun.
Then we changed the mechanics, we removed almost everything from bennys and make it so you have to be clocked in to get parts and be ranked up to order them. Looks like a W change that would bring more rp and make people have to look for mechanics but no..anyone can do that because the job its not whitelisted so instead of bringing more rp it brings more of the same. 0 RP.

But then we stop to think on the new comers, the server already dying. and new people will not enjoy at all when its hard to find anyone to meet because people either grinding farms/planes or are cops or are crims. you can drive for hours and not see 1 soul. They buy they first car to realize its slow and bad. they ask around how they can upgrade it and luckly they will find someone in the next 2 hours available to do it, then if lucky he would have the enough for all of it. I dont know like i say i think the server would improve if we had community voiced.

in my opinion thats the big issue that everyone needs to realize, in order to have quality rp everything needs to be balanced. The community has to have a saying and staff cant just over take this changes has they will.
Right now there's nothing on the server. Its easy to tell players to "Do something else with your rp" when there's nothing else. what new players have to do beside grind airplane/farm job for hours/weeks/months ??
People cant base they rp in the general rp they want for the city, the same people that push some of the changes are people that rp with a certain circle only. 

Sorry for my english but this is what i have to say. I do miss the old times when economy was not this bad and there was much more to do since everything kinda payed up back in the days, believe it or not whoever was here on 2020 know im right. The rp will improve and come back if you give the server more to do and less hardcore things are hard to get.

Edited by snakEbnp
  • Like 4

Very well worded, Snake. So stop apologizing for your English 😉

The Server:

I've always prided myself on RP to the point it's almost obnoxious to anyone who has differing opinions to me. When I first came to this server in early 2020, I found the RP was great. I was new to FiveM, so my standards may have been a little low.. But I started this server in the height of FiveM's popularity and RP's peak. At that time, players' needs were simpler because the whole idea of "RPing" was exciting people. This server had under 200 scripts, and didn't even have imports! But even with less, we were more happy than we are now.

Now, FiveM isn't nearly as popular, nor is the idea of RP. I feel like people need more to keep their attention in the game. So I understand a need to be constantly bringing new content to the server. But we need to make sure we're furthering everyone's interests. Great features aren't as great, if they're not being used or understood by everyone. A lot of effort can go into some of these new features, just for everyone to hate it. I believe that if some of this time were spent together OOC as a community in a meeting, it would go further.

The Community:

This brings me to my next point: The people who play. Nowadays, there aren't as many people into FiveM as I said before. We do have influx of new players, but what about the old players? Many have left for other games. The ones who remain, fall into three categories in my mind: "Love the RP", "Love the Action", and "Love them both." These are all fine, and you need a balance in any server (and within any gang) for everyone to have a good time. However, with reduced population comes more standouts and strengthens their influence. If 1/3 of our population is here for RP, 1/3 is here for action, and 1/3 is here for both... What happens when that 1/3 who is here for RP is getting shot all the time, because the other 2/3 of the server finds that fun? We end up with 100% of the server looking to shoot whenever they can, because you HAVE TO fight fire with fire.

And what about the community relationship with staff? We call you guys "The government" and IDK how YOU feel about the government... But if you ask me, the government is a bunch of cucks who just exist to make our life more difficult by doing a poor job. While I don't see our staff to be like the real life government... I do feel like that's more accurate than saying "we live together." I might not speak for the whole community, as there are 4 admins I like, but I really do feel like there is a divide between staff and players, and it is up to staff to fix that. We are only "obeying what you tell us to do".

Isnt it funny I feel like I'm risking being banned by talking on the relation with staff? Hilarious actually. Maybe that's a rule I missed somewhere.. "Save it for the staff report".. Maybe I WILL get banned for saying this?

The Rules:

Speaking of what the community is told to do. What are the rules again? Why is it that I link people the rules, and then I continue to list off more rules that are written nowhere at all, but can result in being banned? Why is this fair to the community? I understand it doesn't bother staff, because they can just self-reflect and decide if they're breaking rules or not. But for the average player, you should be able to use a rule list, combined with common sense. You shouldn't have to have a friend who has a friend who heard a story of a guy who got banned for doing a thing.... That's a very UNREALISTIC RULEBREAK for you to be talking OOC about.

THIS creates tension between staff and players. How many times have you seen a staff member accused of making up rules?? That would never happen if they were all written down. They could be written down and explained once, instead of everytime someone encounters the rulebreak, having it all explained like it's the first time, and the rule is just being made up on the spot to stop their RP.

Summary:

I don't expect anyone to read more than 1/4 of this, so start here at the summary:
1) RP is less exciting of an idea now, so we need more. But it needs to be right for us, and understood by all.
2) People stay because they love something. Encourage the love for RP. Gunplay will always be loved.
3) Clarity on our rules can help the staff/player divide.

Solution?:

Community Announcements < Community Meetings!!! BUT IT ONLY COUNTS IF IT BECOMES ROUTINE.

In the early days of USARRP, the community leaders made a point of making weekly announcements about the state of RP, features that are coming, answering FAQs. If the voices of the players aren't important enough to warrant monthly meetings (there aren't a lot of us, it won't take long...), it would be nice to at least have a weekly update on what's going on, and what SHOULD BE going on. Over a year ago, there was a meeting between all gang leaders, and that was a move in the right direction. But like exercising, it doesn't do shit if you only do it once, and never again. I remember spamming staff to try and get a second gang meeting and being shut down because "the first one had the effect we were looking for" when it had zero effect on half the gangs, and little effect on some of the gangs.

• Like 3

I think it's great you took the time to state your frustrations here. However, this is meant for suggestions. It's always easy to complain or vent about the things we do not agree with but not as easy to come up with valid suggestions. I ask that you bring forward some suggestions for discussion of the community that you think will benefit it the most.

Community meetings are currently being discussed as a possibility again. However, weekly meetings seem a little overboard.  Even when we did do them in the past it was only when we felt the community needed them. (i.e. certain people left or HUGE changes happening)  You have to remember staff are all volunteers this is not our fulltime jobs. There will be drama in any community you go to as well as a lot of things you disagree with. 

The best thing I can recommend as stated previous is to present suggestions/changes. Offer ideas on what we can add in or take out and WHY it would or wouldn't benefit the community.