Crafting Times/Success Rates

Dozatron

With the introduction of these new weapons from the refinery goods something needs to be done with crafting. Either adjusting the crafting time for refined goods, or having success chance/speed scale with level.

The new M4 cast: 5 steel, 5 refined gold <- 10 crafts

The new M4 itself: 1 cast, 7 more refined gold.

That is a total of 18 crafts. 18 * 8. That is 2.4 hours minimum crafting without a single fail occurring in the 18 crafts. Throw some fails in there and its at least going to be three hours, maybe 4 or 5 depending on a bad luck streak of crafts. And that is not including the amount of iron and gold you need to gather. Required iron: 25, required gold: 60. That also takes a ludicrous amount of time.

Crafting weapons should not be what gets hit but the success chance and time of refinery goods should be looked at... others that do not partake in crafts do not understand how long that takes to get and then they get upset when prices are so inflated on the metal weapons.

Just my thoughts, would like to hear what others think.

Edited by Dozatron

-1 Nobody needs a golden M4. Such an item should not be worth the effort it takes to create one, and they should be extremely rare.

If you want a gun that is a sensible cost, get something that's not covered in gold from the Black Market. It's worth a lot less, but only because it's not covered in gold.

nobody needs 200 mph cars every where with regular aks and “regular” automatic weapons with a 100 rounds all the time. but here we are. even our cops have a lambo to keep up so i don’t see the difference. if something is going to be added cause it’s cool it should be reasonable to ask for it to be reasonable to make. 

even making the items for crafting hot wiring kits are affected by this failing system. how does one fail 7 times making copper wires from raw copper?  

i do choose to do this rp because selling toys has been a fun rp for me. whether it’s in back alleys or gang blocks. but standing around for most of my week to get 15 mins of actual rp when trying to sell these items makes it hard to stick with and for other people to enjoy it. 

the akorus is a great balance of items needed but this new m4 is way more and with the failing attempts just doesn’t seem logical. 

1 hour ago, MPD said:

-1 Nobody needs a golden M4. Such an item should not be worth the effort it takes to create one, and they should be extremely rare.

If you want a gun that is a sensible cost, get something that's not covered in gold from the Black Market. It's worth a lot less, but only because it's not covered in gold.

Your bringing up one item from crafting without mentioning the others that get heavily affected. I tried crafting hot wires kits but its not even worth the time. I spent like 5 hours making one hotwire kit just bc I failed so often. 5 hours of work for an item that cost $450 from the BM. And its single use lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juan Moore said:

Your bringing up one item from crafting without mentioning the others that get heavily affected. I tried crafting hot wires kits but its not even worth the time. I spent like 5 hours making one hotwire kit just bc I failed so often. 5 hours of work for an item that cost $450 from the BM. And its single use lol.

Aside from that one item, I agree with you.

There are multiple suggestions on this subject, and I didn't feel like dropping the same response on both em.

Smelting needs to be adjusted, for sure. But that M4 should be illogical IMO.

• Like 1

We cut craft time for some of the materials needed in half so it won't take as long

And we can look at a way to lessen fail chance when you start out

You'll fail more when you start out at the refinery cause your craft level resets so your weapon crafting experience doesn't cross over