Upcoming change to rent should be OPTIONAL.

MPD

Currently to pay rent, you must leave the money inside of your house at the end of the month, and it will automatically be removed, continuing your tenancy for another month.
In the near future, this will be changed to be taken out of the owner's bank account (if there is enough money). Is this a good change? I personally don't like this.

PROS:
You don't need to take money to your house to pay rent. (Noobs get very confused about this & it can be dangerous)

CONS:
Co-Owners cannot pay the rent in the absence of the owner.
Criminals must have a positive bank account to pay rent.

Solution?
Make "Pay from Bank" OPTIONAL.

One of the reasons of moving it to bank system was to tackle negative bank balances for crims, it doesn't make sense to be 100's of thousands in negative. Also money irl to pay for a house does not just like come from a pile of cash laying about, also also the way money and items will be stored in houses in the future will change 

37 minutes ago, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

One of the reasons of moving it to bank system was to tackle negative bank balances for crims, it doesn't make sense to be 100's of thousands in negative. Also money irl to pay for a house does not just like come from a pile of cash laying about, also also the way money and items will be stored in houses in the future will change 

I agree it doesn't make sense to have $-100,000 in your bank account. IMO, another realistic solution to this would be to seize these peoples' property. This is what the American Justice System does to those who fail to pay damages in court. The police force of USARRP doesn't have the tools to deal with the problems criminals give them in the long-term, only short term...

IRL, criminals are able to pay their rent in cash with some landlords, but you're right that usually rent comes out of a bank account. So if I want my friends to be able to pay rent by leaving it in their houses... With creative thinking, I have the option to "become their landlord" in the sense that I let them leave the money in the house, while I pay it from my bank.. Ok.. I can work with this...

My only real problem with this, is that a homeowner can't have someone else pay their rent in their absence, given the owner didn't have it in their bank account.
I thought of another PRO to this change... You can't lose a house because your co-owner borrowed your cash, if it's paid from bank. I can see that being helpful to some people with bad friends.

EDIT:
So if we ignore the "CON" of criminals needing a positive bank account...
I see 2 good things, and only 1 bad thing. OK. I see how it's not a bad thing.

Thanks for sharing some insight to this change. A lot of things happen here without explanation, and end up seeming less beneficial than they actually are.

Edited by MPD

Of course, also I just though of a way where you can setup standing orders with a bank so like pay x person 5000 dollars every 5th of a month. It should not be too difficult to setup and I will add this onto the list of tasks, it also would get rid of the only problem here for you that you have highlighted 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SirChainsmokerGollum said:

Of course, also I just though of a way where you can setup standing orders with a bank so like pay x person 5000 dollars every 5th of a month. It should not be too difficult to setup and I will add this onto the list of tasks, it also would get rid of the only problem here for you that you have highlighted 

I appreciate you, King.

Feel free to Archive this 😄