Add a skillcheck when getting cuffed

Kawhi Leonard

In a foot chase cops usually taze you or either tackle you and then instantly cuff you. I feel like it would be a lot more fair if there was a skillcheck so you can break out of cuffs. This is implemented in most servers and I think it would make chases better.

If someone disagrees could they tell my why?

Edited by Kawhi Leonard
  • Like 1

-1/+1 I don't believe in Skill-Checks being helpful in Roleplay situations, as there are multiple storytellers, and complex situations can have affects that a skill-check isn't able to account for. Skill-Checks are a RPG mechanic, very helpful for environments that are entirely focused around levelling a character and increasing their skills to further their abilities.

If there were a "Skill-Check" then it would just result in every gang-member making sure to spam that skill until it's maxed, and they can easier evade the cops.

I believe a mini-game would be a better idea. Something like the following (just an example, based off Submission moves in Wrestling games):
1: Cop attempts to Force-Cuff.
2: Criminal sees 1 of 4 prompts: "Press W to escape!" "Press A to escape!" "Press S to escape!", or "Press D to escape!"
3: This begins a mini-game similar to hotwiring where the criminal and cop must see who can succeed longer. First to fail, loses and gets the outcome they don't desire.

It's important with something like this, that you also disallow the officer from force-cuffing immediately after failing. Maybe for 5 seconds.

Edited by MPD

2 hours ago, MPD said:

-1/+1 I don't believe in Skill-Checks being helpful in Roleplay situations, as there are multiple storytellers, and complex situations can have affects that a skill-check isn't able to account for. Skill-Checks are a RPG mechanic, very helpful for environments that are entirely focused around levelling a character and increasing their skills to further their abilities.

If there were a "Skill-Check" then it would just result in every gang-member making sure to spam that skill until it's maxed, and they can easier evade the cops.

I believe a mini-game would be a better idea. Something like the following (just an example, based off Submission moves in Wrestling games):
1: Cop attempts to Force-Cuff.
2: Criminal sees 1 of 4 prompts: "Press W to escape!" "Press A to escape!" "Press S to escape!", or "Press D to escape!"
3: This begins a mini-game similar to hotwiring where the criminal and cop must see who can succeed longer. First to fail, loses and gets the outcome they don't desire.

It's important with something like this, that you also disallow the officer from force-cuffing immediately after failing. Maybe for 5 seconds.

Thats what I meant by skill check. Most servers have it so when u get cuffed u either have to press 1,2,3 or 4 at the right time to escape the cuffs

• Thanks 1