Reduce the amount of locals driving around.

BlazeyWazey

With the server coming back to it's former glory we're seeing higher and higher player counts, I think with the amount of players we have now we should lower the amount of locals driving around, before I felt it made sense having so many driving around, made the city feel more full, but now that the city is more full we should reduce the amount of cars driving around. This would be a fantastic change for our growing racing community as well, seeing that we have 10-15 racers every night and at least 4+ people complain a race about the locals, whether it was a "ghost" local or just the locals driving like dicks.

• Like 2

I don't know anything about scripting FiveM servers, but I agree the locals are an issue, and can share my observations:

1) If everyone has their population density set to minimum, there will be less peds. It's possible some people don't have that setting low, as they aim for "high graphics settings" by maxing everything they can.

2) Every player generates "their own peds". So when 12 people are together, there are 12 separate instances of "people generating more peds." So there ends up being 12 times as many peds as there would be if you were alone.

3) Interacting with "someone else's peds" doesn't always go perfectly. Whether it's a fist-fight, or a car accident, there is often some desynch. But with "your own peds" this is less of an issue (although other players nearby will create an issue, with the "lag bubble" that occurs).

When these factors combine, locals become unpredictable, heavy, and sometimes they'll pop from one spot to another, crashing into multiple people who specifically swerved to avoid that car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna add a fat +1 to this suggestion as tonight I was racing and realized people don't know about a setting called "Population Density" and with this slider maxed there are more locals for them also causing a local desync which causes locals to pop up directly in front of yourself when you do not have any locals in front of you when in an area of the people with the population density slider maxed out causing you to red engine and crash way more often. this also becomes an advantage in the competitive racing scene when people are not having the same issue seeing locals and there is no way for us to fix this on our end as locals populate per player not for the server in a whole.

Edited by Beannus
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...